55 meetings last week, only 16 I could find that weren't cancelled for this week. If you have an interest, there is a way to get plugged in locally! Re-posted from forwardlookout.com with permission from Brenda Konkel.
Monday, December 19, 2016
4:30 PM Sustainable Madison Committee City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 351
– Review the Madison Sustainability Plan and discuss what has been accomplished or is being worked on, what do we need more information to determine what is happening and what isn’t getting worked on.
– Update on Energy Plan
– Street Tree Policies.
– Re-Evaluate the Energy and Carbon Goals of the Sustainable Plan for the City of Madison
4:45 PM Landmarks Commission Cancelled City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room GR 27
5:15 PM ADA Transit Subcommittee to the Transit and Parking Commission City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room 103A
– Service Request – Out of Service Area
– Leave Attended – Informational
5:45 PM City-County Liason Committee City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room 357
– Building Request: Madison Children’s Museum/Dane Mural Arts Stairwell Project – Plan presentation, approach & prelminary designs for approval
– Request: Dane County Commission on Cultural Affairs Gallery Sign
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
12:15 PM Building Code, Fire Code, Conveyance Code and Licensing Board J H Findorff & Sons Inc 300 S. Bedford Street
– 4310 Mohawk Dr (C-12-75-2016)Conor Nelan of Cold Spring Design appealing IBC 1208.2. The rule requires clearance at obstructions to be 7′ 6″. The variance requested is to allow a beam 7′ 0″ and one at 7′ 3. The Madison Fire Deparment reccomends conditional approval. 10th Ald. Dist.
– 560 North St (C-12-76-2016)William Tracy appealing IBC 1208.2. The rule requires clearance at obstructions to be 7′ 6″. The variance requested is to allow existing clearance of 6′ 7″. The Madison Fire Department differed to the board. 12th Ald. Dist.
– 315 N Pinckney St (C-12-77-2016)James Westring of Westring Construction appealing IBC 1013.2. The rule requires that guard and handrails shall not be less than 42″ high. The variance requested is to allow reduced height on a Mansion Hill Historic Building. The Madison Fire Department has no comment. 2nd Ald. Dist.
4:00 PM Olbrich Botanical Society Board of Directors Olbrich Botanical Gardens 3330 Atwood Ave, Room Commons
– President’s Report – by President Kevin Hess
d. Biergarten at Olbrich Park Beach Proposal – by Mike Bare, BKM Group LLC.
– Lots of other reports
5:00 PM Parking Council for People with Disabilities City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 108 (Parks Conference Room)
– Weber to report on status of letter to West Towne Mall management regarding location of spaces reserved for persons with Dis/Vet plates or hang tags near food court entrance.
– Weber to report on letter to McDonalds on East Washington Avenue East Side Shopping Center explaining concern about employees being told by management to direct customers to park on the access aisle.
– Kail to report on call to Building Inspection regarding Hawthorne Library disabled parking signs.
– Weber to report on review of South Madison branch library parking stalls reserved for
persons with disabilities.
– Kunz to report on access aisle concerns at new sporting goods store in front of Hy-Vee on
East Washington Avenue
– Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
5:00 PM Economic Development Committee Cancelled
5:30 PM Alcohol License Review Committee City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room 201
– 4 operators licenses
– 2 change of agents
– 4 business name changes
– 3 entity reoganizations
– Rocky’s Liquor West – Cheeks is requesting to remove conditions 1 – 4. The council just debated this . . . and its being referred to March 2017 meeting.
– Edgewood college – Remove high school from current license premise, and include all of Edgewood College in the license premise, with the exception of the floors on which students reside.
– Baldwin St. Grille – revocation action
– Adult Entertainment Tavern – Visions
– Olbrich Biergarten
– 10 new licenses – includes Frank Productions at 1 S Livingston
– ALRC’s guidance regarding eligible entities and activities for Temporary Class B licenses.
– Football Game Days
Thursday, December 22, 2016
1:00 PM Women’s Initiatives Committee City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room 108
– Strategic Planning Retreat, January 26, 2017 – Update and preparation for session
– Take Our Children to Work Day, April 27, 2017 – Update and action items for vote
5:00 PM Zoning Board of Appeals Cancelled City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 103A
4:00 PM Zoning & Land Regulation – Comprehensive Revision of Chapter 10 Subcommittee City County Building, Room 354
– STAFF PRESENTATION ON AIRPORTS, AIRSTRIPS AND HELIPORTS
– STAFF PRESENTATION ON ANIMAL BOARDING, PET DAY CARE AND VETERINARY CLINICS
– STAFF PRESENTATION ON DOMESTIC BEEKEEPING
– STAFF PRESENTATION ON STORAGE TANKS
5:45 PM City-County Liaison Committee City-County Building Room 357
– Madison Children’s Museum/Dane Mural Arts Stairwell Project Plan presentation, approach, and preliminary designs for approval
– Dane County Comission on Cultural Affairs Gallery Sign
6:00 PM Youth Commission – By Youth For Youth Subcommittee United Way of Dane County, 2059 Atwood Ave
– Learn about 211 Center
– Team building
12:00 PM Criminal Justice Council – Racial Disparities Sub Committee City-County Building Room 321
– CRC Status Update
– 2009 Task Force on Racial Disparities
– Recommendations – Updated
– 2017 Initiatives
– Madison Plan (if available)
5:30 PM Public Works & Transportation Committee Alliant Energy Center conference room @ 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison WI
– 5 contracts for county property improvements
– 1 change order
– 2 easements
So, I can’t figure out where the legal notice is . . . the one I can find is blank. But obviously there are some meetings. TJ said he found it here, but the link doesn’t work for me. So this is all I can tell you . . .
Monday, December 19
5:15 – Special Board of Education Meeting in Closed Session – Doyle Administration Building, 545 West Dayton Street, Room 103
– Review and Receipt of Advice from Counsel regarding Disciplinary Proceedings and Decisions involving an Individual Student, pursuant to Wis. Stat. Secs. 19.85(1)(a), (f), and (g); 118.125; and/or 120.13(1)(e)l
6pm – DRAFT–Regular Board of Education Meeting – Doyle Administration Building, 545 West Dayton Street, McDaniels Auditorium
– 25 items on the consent agenda
– Personalized Pathways Update
– Middle School Start-of-School Time Committee Update
– Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Resolution Update
– Wright Middle School Charter Renewal
– Badger Rock Middle School Charter Renewal
– 2017/18 MMSD Budget Development
– Wisconsin Association of School Boards 2017 Resolutions