By Brenda Konkel — Only 17 meetings this week (so far), only 2 start after 5:30, 6 start before 4:30.. Ever feel like they really don’t want the public to attend?
Monday, July 27, 2015
4:30 PM BOARD OF ESTIMATES ROOM 260 MMB
– Initial Resolution Authorizing Not to Exceed $12,650,000 Bonds of the City of Madison for various street and sidewalk projects.
– Establishing rules and procedures for Common Council deliberations on the City of Madison’s 2016 Capital and Operating Budgets.
– Resolution to amend the Project for Public Spaces Contract for the Madison Public Market Business Plan
– Update on Judge Doyle Square Negotiations (closed session)
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION – POSSIBLE QUORUM OF COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
– Authorizing the City of Madison Planning Division to prepare the Yahara Hills Neighborhood Development Plan.
– Continuing jurisdiction review by the Plan Commission of an approved conditional use for an outdoor eating area for the Tip Top Tavern located at 601 North Street
– Amending Section 28.151 of the Madison General Ordinances to allow the adaptive reuse of buildings originally constructed as places of worship.
– Amending Sections 28.151 and 28.082 of the Madison General Ordinances to allow the keeping of honeybees in employment districts.
– Amending Sections 28.151 and 28.032 of the Madison General Ordinances to update use status for adult family homes and community living arrangements.
– Amending Section 28.098(6) of the Madison General Ordinances to allow the Director of Planning and Economic Development to refer any request for alteration to the Urban Design Commission.
5:30 PM SISTER CITY COLLABORATION COMMITTEE ROOM LL-110 MMB
– Updates and reports
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
4:00 PM GOLF SUBCOMMITTEE 1402 WINGRA CREEK PKWY
– First Tee
– Loyalty Card Program & Possible Fall Sale
– 2015 Season Update
– Ho Chunk Update
4:30 PM WATER UTILITY BOARD 119 E OLIN AVE
– Report on bid results and recommendation for the Paterson St. Operations Center rebuild.
– Items of general interest and update on any rate case in progress.
5:00 PM BID ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING 122 W WASHINGTON AVE, 1ST FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
– The BID Board and staff will review BID Programs and Services for downtown businesses, and BID funding, budget and operations over the past year:
Ambassador Program/Visitor Services
Programming & Events
Communications & Outreach
Budget & Funding
– Most importantly, we want to hear your feedback, priorities, and ideas. Your input will help the BID Board set goals and priorities for the 2016 Operating Plan. This is YOUR District, and we look forward to your input.
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ROOM 108 CCB
– Representative from Mayor’s Office and Madison Police Department to discuss concerns about dissolution of Disabled Parking Enforcement Council.
– Discussion on parking for persons with disabilities at Alliant Energy Center.
– Kail to report on call to Building Inspection regarding Hawthorne Library disabled parking signs.
– Putnam to report on contact with Building Inspection regarding the number of spaces reserved for persons with disabilities at East Towne and West Towne malls.
– Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
5:00 PM PEDESTRIAN/BICYCLE/MOTOR VEHICLE COMMISSION ROOM 260 MMB
– Informational presentation – Downtown Bicycle and Moped Parking Study
– Adopting the Bicycle Transportation Plan for the Madison Metropolitan Area and Dane County, as a supplement to the City’s Comprehensive Plan, including the relevant recommendations and proposed bicycle facility improvements contained within the plan.
– Overview of the Adult School Crossing Guard (ASCG) Program.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
8:30 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS SCHEDULE 9 ROOM 101 CCB
– Everyone gets their taxes lowered! Over $2M worth of assessments lowered.
2:00 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD TECHNICAL COORDINATING COMMITTEE 5510 LACY RD, PRAIRIE VIEW ROOM
– Review of Preliminary Draft Scoring and Listing of STP Urban Priority Projects
– Review and Recommendation on the Draft Bicycle Transportation Plan for the Madison Metropolitan Area & Dane County
– Review of Draft MPO Public Participation Plan and Schedule for Regional Transportation Plan 2050
– Update on WisDOT Major Corridor Studies and Projects
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM 260 MMB
– 4103-4119 (formerly 5422) Portage Road – Multi-Family Apartment Development Including Three Multi-Family Apartment Buildings and One Tenant Use Pool/Clubhouse Building.
– 1004 & 1032 South Park Street – Amended PD(GDP-SIP), Four Connected Mixed-Use Buildings in UDD No. 7.
– Changes to several schools
– 6001 Gemini Drive – PD(GDP) for “Grandview Commons Town Center.”
5:00 PM VENDING OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
– Amending Sections 9.13(5)(c) and 9.13(6)(h)3.a.iv. of the Madison General Ordinances to create a per-square-foot license fee for all sidewalk cafés and increasing the license fees for Mall/Concourse sidewalk cafes in the State Street Mall/Capitol Concourse Vending Area.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
8:00 AM COMMISSION OF THE MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT 1610 MOORLAND RD, COMMISSION ROOM
– Review and Approval of Sanitary Sewer Extension Plans – New Construction Projects:
The Willows, City of Madison
Juniper Ridge – Phase 1, Village of McFarland
Waunakee Intermediate School, Village of Waunakee
– Approval/Acceptance of Bids for Coating of Gravity Sludge Thickeners
– Dane County Services Agreement for Adaptive Management
– Chloride Reduction 5-year Strategy
– Adoption of Sewer Use Ordinance Revisions
8:00 AM EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
– CDD Intent To Continue Applications and Recommendations for Children and Families Program
– Accreditation School Age Programs and MMSD Space Cost
– Quality Child Care and Low Income Families
5:00 PM MADISON PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD 201 W MIFFLIN ST, CENTRAL LIBRARY, ROOM 104
– Creating Section 8.125 and amending Section 1.08(3)(a) of the Madison General Ordinances to establish a library facility catering permit.
– APPROVAL OF PROPOSED 2016 OPERATING BUDGET – Budget documents will be distributed at the meeting.