By Brenda Konkel (re-posted with permission from Forward Lookout) — 31 meetings, 2 cancelled. They will likely add meetings yet this week as well.
Monday, November 16, 2015
4:30 PM COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT ROOM 108 CCB
– COE Communication Outreach Efforts – Update on promoting Cool Choices and Water Conservation
– Residential Salt Use
4:30 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
– Discussion of Legistar No. 39335, Adopting the University Hill Farms Neighborhood Plan.
– Discussion of Legistar No. 39906, Adopting the Emerson East-Eken Park-Yahara Neighborhood Plan (EEEPY) as a Supplement to the City of Madison Comprehensive Plan.
– Overview of the Draft Energy Plan
4:45 PM LANDMARKS COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
– 412 Wisconsin Avenue & 2 West Gorham Street
– 625 East Gorham Street – Alteration to a building adjacent to a Designated Madison Landmark, the Spangenberg Residence, and located in a Planned Development District.
– 101 King Street – Transforming the Former Isthmus Building into a Bar/Restaurant – Adjacent to a historic landmark: King street Arcade.
5:00 PM COMMITTEE ON EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ROOM 118 CCB
– Adopting the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) Appendix to the Employee Benefits Handbook for Non-Represented Employees.
– Adopting the Madison City Attorney Association (MCAA) Appendix to the Employee Benefits Handbook for Non-Represented Employees.
5:00 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT COMMITTEE 330 W MIFFLIN ST, ROOM 1 & 2
– Authorizing an allocation of up to $600,000 in Housing Development Reserve Funds to assist Housing Initiatives, Inc. to acquire and rehabilitate two properties at 310 E. Mifflin & 103 N. Butler Streets for a total of fourteen (14) units of affordable rental housing for low-income people
– Authorizing the allocation of Affordable Housing Funds to support the creation of approximately 160 units of affordable rental housing in Madison, Wisconsin.
5:00 PM PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE OF THE MADISON ARTS COMMISSION ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Discussion of the percent for art ordinance. Review materials. Answer outstanding questions. Create recommendations for full body of MAC.
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION ROOM 260 MMB
– Adopting the University Hill Farms Neighborhood Plan as a supplement to the City of Madison’s Comprehensive Plan.
– Consideration of a demolition permit to allow demolition of an existing television studio and construction of a new television studio at 615 Forward Drive
– Consideration of a conditional use to convert existing residence into counseling organization/ peer respite facility at 2649 Milwaukee Street
– Consideration of a demolition permit to allow a single-family residence to be demolished with no proposed future use at 138 Rodney Court
– Consideration of a demolition permit to allow demolition of a commercial building with no proposed future use at 1020 John Nolen Drive
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
11:00 AM TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION SUBCOMMITTEE – A QUORUM OF THE TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION MAY BE PRESENT ROOM 100 MMB
– no agenda linked
4:00 PM GOLF SUBCOMMITTEE 1402 WINGRA CREEK PKWY
– 2015 Golf Section Recap
– 2015 Rounds, Revenues, and Expenses
– Maintenance Update
– Proposed 2016 Green Fees
4:00 PM OLBRICH BOTANICAL SOCIETY BOARD OF DIRECTORS 3330 ATWOOD AVE
– Olbrich’s Holiday Express 2015: What’s New?
– The rest is all reports
5:00 PM COMMON COUNCIL – DISCUSSION ROOM 201 CCB
– Envisioning the Future of Madison and the Yahara Watershed
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (Cancelled) ROOM 108 CCB
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
– RECONSIDERATION: Creating Section 23.07(11), renumbering Sections 23.07(11) and (12) to (12) and (13), amending Section 23.07(13) and amending Section 1.08(3)(a) of the Madison General Ordinances to prohibit the entering of a vehicle without the owner’s consent and to create a bail deposit for violation thereof.
– SUBSTITUTE Creating Section 39.08 and Section 33.07(7)(k)14. of the Madison General Ordinances to create a policy requiring certain city contractors to “Ban the Box” by eliminating questions about criminal and arrest record in their hiring practices, when contracting with the City, creating Sec. 33.07(7)(k)14. to make Ban the Box a prequalification requirement, and amending Sec. 39.07(3)(c)10. to exempt credit rating agencies from the Equal Benefits
– Submitting the appointment of Gregg R. McManners for confirmation of a five-year term as the Director of Monona Terrace
. Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an Annual Performance Contract with Overture Center Foundation, Inc. for the 2016 operations of the Overture Center, and providing for a grant from the City.
– SUBSTITUTE – Concurring In the Direction Provided to the Judge Doyle Square Negotiating Team at the November 9, 2015, Meeting of the Board of Estimates.
– SECOND ALTERNATE Creating Sections 2.40(4)(h) and 3.30(4) of the Madison General Ordinances to prohibit a person who is registered as a lobbyist under City Ordinances from serving as a member of any permanent or temporary City board, commission or committee
– Accepting the Pollinator Protection Task Force Report as the guiding document for the City of Madison to address the issue of pollinator decline and directing the Madison Food Policy Council, with assistance of city staff, to implement the recommendations contained within the report.
– Accepting the report and recommendations from the Community Policing and Body Camera Ad Hoc Committee
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
1:30 PM BOARD OF REVIEW ROOM 118A CCB
– OBJ: 398 ~ PARCEL NO: 0810-143-0202-0 ~ ADDRESS: 5402 TANCHO DR ~ OWNER: WISCONSIN APARTMENTS LLC ET AL ~ RECOMMENDED ASSESSMENT: $17,894,000
– And with that they should be done til next time around
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS ROOM 108 CCB
– Declaring the City of Madison’s intention to exercise its police powers establishing the North Pinckney Street Underground Utility District-2015.
– Approving Plans, Specifications, And Schedule Of Assessments For Portage Road Assessment District – 2016.
– Approving Plans, Specifications, And Schedule Of Assessments For Walter Street and Sargent Street Assessment District – 2016.
– Approving Plans, Specifications, And Schedule Of Assessments For McKenna Boulevard and South Gammon Road Assessment District – 2016.
– Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into an agreement with RNL Design Inc. to provide professional architectural and engineering design services for Fleet Services Nakoosa Trail Fire Maintenance Facility in the amount of $970,616.
– Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into an amended purchase of service (Architect) agreement with Meyer Scherer & Rockcastle, Ltd. for $1,950,000 to provide professional architectural and engineering design services for the complete rehabilitation of the Madison Municipal Building (MMB).
– Approving plans and specifications for public improvements necessary for the project known as 2504 Winnebago Street – Buildings 4 and 5 of Union Corners and authorizing construction to be undertaken by the Developer, Private Contract No. 2422.
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
– Report of the Facade Grant Staff Team – 101 King Street, “101 King, LLC.”
– 820 South Park Street – PD(GDP-SIP), Multi-Phase Affordable Housing Development in UDD No. 8.
– 6001 Gemini Drive – PD(GDP) for “Grandview Commons Town Center.”
– 7933 Tree Lane – PD(GDP-SIP), 46-Unit Multi-Family Apartment Building
– 1000 East Washington Avenue – New Development in UDD No. 8. 6th Ald. Dist.
– 2999 & 3201 Anderson Street (Formerly 1701 Wright Street) – Irwin A. & Robert D. Goodman Sports Complex at Madison College.
5:00 PM ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
– Madison Municipal Building Changes
– Economic Development Video Presentation
Video by the Economic Development Division’s summer intern from the Wanda Fullmore Youth Internship program
5:00 PM HUMANITARIAN AWARD COMMISSION, REVEREND DOCTOR MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. ROOM 523 CCB
– Lots of planning for the award, including asking for more money
5:00 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD CITIZEN ADVISORY COMMITTEE ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Presentation on the Metro Transit On-Board Passenger Survey Results
– Presentation on Draft Growth Forecasts for the Regional Transportation Plan 2050
– Review of 2016 MATPB (MPO) Work Program
5:00 PM TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION ROOM 103A CCB
– That the City of Madison will collaborate with Dane County to designate space and place personal storage lockers in downtown parking ramp(s) and/or other identified safe or reasonable locations which can be utilized by homeless persons to store their personal belongings.
– Metro: Update on TIGER Grant
– Metro: Initial Information regarding proposed 2016 fare increase
5:00 PM VENDING OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM 300 MMB
5:30 PM ALCOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE ROOM 201 CCB
– Nothing immediately apparent to me as controversial – you may want to check for items that impact your neighborhood.
6:30 PM BOARD OF PARK COMMISSIONERS 1625 NORTHPORT DR., WARNER PARK COMMUNITY RECREATION CENTER
– Public Hearing (6:45 pm)-Ordering the removal and destruction of certain trees declared to be public nuisances under MGO Sec. 23.40(4)(b) and directing the City Forester to proceed with nuisance abatement activities.
– Proposed 2016 Forest Hill Fees
– Proposed Goodman Pool, Olbrich Botanical Gardens, and Special Park Fees
– Proposed 2016 Amplified Sound (PA) Fees
7:00 PM MADISON POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURE REVIEW AD HOC COMMITTEE ROOM GR-27 CCB
– ELECTION OF TWO CO-CHAIRS
– Presentation by Alder DeMarb and Alder Bidar-Seilaff of Overview of the Council Resolution Establishing the Madison Police Department Police Policy and Procedure Review Ad Hoc Committee and the Committee’s Charge
Thursday, November 19, 2015
4:00 PM MONONA TERRACE COMMUNITY AND CONVENTION CENTER BOARD 1 JOHN NOLEN DR
– Reports and updates
4:30 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY ROOM 313 MMB
– Leases at Villager mall
– Reports and updates
4:30 PM LANDLORD AND TENANT ISSUES COMMITTEE ROOM LL-110 MMB
– Discussion on Proposal to Develop a “Best Practices” Program for Landlords Assistant City Attorney Steve Brist will be present to discuss this proposal .
– Resolution Establishing the City of Madison Certification Program
5:00 PM EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES COMMISSION ROOM 417 CCB
– Determining the role and function of the EOC Employment Subcommittee
5:00 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (MADISON IN MOTION) ROOM 300 MMB
– Links to everything here
– UPDATE ON PLANNING FOR STREET TYPOLOGY/POTENTIAL URBAN STREET CROSS-SECTIONS
– REVIEW OF WOONERF STREET DESIGN CONCEPT
– REVIEW AND COMMENT: DRAFT BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN CHAPTER (AND MAPS)
5:00 PM ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS ROOM LL-130 MMB
– poor fools, can’t get the ordinances changed to accommodate their violations of the laws . . . maybe Bob Dunn can help them out
5:30 PM PUBLIC MARKET ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE SUBCOMMITTEE – QUORUM OF MADISON LOCAL FOOD COMMITTEE MAY BE PRESENT ROOM 202 MMB
– Public Market Organizational Structure Discussion