By Brenda Konkel — Twenty-six meetings, 3 cancelled and more on the way, watch for updates throughout the week as more agendas trickle in . . . .
Monday, November 2, 2015
4:30 PM WATER UTILITY BOARD 119 E OLIN AVE
– Request to Advertise for Engineering Design Proposals- 2016 Painting Contract
– Authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute a Professional Services Agreement with Baxter & Woodman, Inc. for pre-design planning, public participation support, the preparation of final construction drawings and specifications, permitting, bidding, and construction administration for the Blackhawk Water Tower.
4:45 PM LANDMARKS COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
– PUBLIC HEARING – DEMOLITION BY NEGLECT – 801 Williamson Street – should be referred indefinitely.
– 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard – Designated Madison Landmark – Review of the proposed land division of the property and the demolition of the loading dock addition (annex) to the U.S. Post Office and Federal Courthouse (Madison Municipal Building) which will also require the exterior alteration of the historicbuilding. – also to be referred indefinitely.
– 702-706 Williamson Street – Third Lake Ridge Historic District – Revisions to the construction of a previously approved six-story, mixed-use building.
– 315 South Paterson Street – Third Lake Ridge Historic District – Land Division of 906-910 Williamson Street.
– Landmarks Commission policy document development
5:00 PM ALCOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE SPECIAL DISCIPLINARY MEETING ROOM 300MMB
– Madhatter’s – possible suspension or revocation.
5:30 PM MADISON ARTS COMMISSION ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Establishing a Percent for Art Ordinance – Consultant Regina Flanagan will attend meeting to discuss establishment of a percent for art ordinance with members of MAC and she will advise them about best practices and
recommend how to proceed.
– Review Overture Contract
5:30 PM PLAN COMMISSION ROOM 201 CCB
– Consideration of a demolition permit and conditional use to allow demolition of a storage building and construction of a mixed-use building with up to 3,300 square feet of commercial space and 30 apartments at 2087 Atwood Avenue
– Consideration of a demolition permit and conditional use in the Campus-Institutional (CI) zoning district to allow demolition of “Science House” and construction of an addition to Babcock Hall at 1605 Linden Drive on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus
– Consideration of a conditional use for outdoor cooking for a restaurant at 1835 Monroe Street
6:30 PM CITY-COUNTY HOMELESS ISSUES COMMITTEE ROOM 357 CCB
– City of Madison Locker Resolution
– Warrants Issued for City of Madison Municipal Tickets – Brenda Konkel
– Library Homeless Services
– Update on City and County Budget Process & Funding
– Update on Day Resource Center
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
11:30 AM DEFERRED COMPENSATION COMMITTEE ROOM 406 CCB
– Request for emergency wqithdrawal
4:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEE – QUORUM OF THE COMMON COUNCIL MAY BE PRESENT ROOM 108 CCB
– Wow, stunningly devoid of anything relevant, unless you want to hear about alder trips to conferences
5:30 PM MADISON ARTS COMMISSION OUTREACH COMMITTEE – QUORUM OF THE MADISON ARTS COMMISSION MAY BE PRESENT ROOM LL-110 MMB
– Members of the MAC Outreach Committee will discuss ideas and make plans for the next MAC Honors Event that will take place at the Madison Central Library on January 13, 2016.
6:30 PM COMMON COUNCIL ROOM 201 CCB
– 2016 Executive Operating Budget
– SUBSTITUTE Amending Sections 38.02 and 38.05(3)(c), creating Sections 38.05(3)(b), 38.05(9)(d)7.a.vii, viii., and 38.09(5)(a)1. – 4., and repealing Sections 38.05(3)(f)3. and 38.05(9)(o) of the Madison General Ordinances removes the Alcohol License Density section, clarifies the City’s publication fees, permits the issuance of alcohol licenses to movie theaters and painting studies, and creates the requirements for the Class A Cider license.
– Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute a development agreement to fund a $1,433,000 Tax Incremental Finance Loan to The Gebhardt Galaxie, LLC to assist in Phase II of the development of a housing and commercialredevelopment project located at the north 800 Block of East Washington Avenue in TID #36 (Capitol Gateway).
– Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute a Contract with AVA Civic Enterprises, Inc. for Extended Project Director Services for the Judge Doyle Square Project
– Creating Section 23.07(11), renumbering Sections 23.07(11) and (12) to (12) and (13), amending Section 23.07(13) and amending Section 1.08(3)(a) of the Madison General Ordinances to prohibit the entering of a vehicle without the owner’s consent and to create a bail deposit for violation thereof.
– Approving the Redevelopment Plan and District Boundary for the Judge Doyle Square Redevelopment District.
– Encouraging the University of Wisconsin-Madison to ensure all student identification cards are compliant with state voter ID laws.
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
12:00 PM PERSONNEL BOARD ROOM 525 CCB
– Changing one planner position.
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS ROOM 108 CCB
– $55,000 of change orders
4:30 PM PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT WORKGROUP 201 W MIFFLIN ST, ROOM 302 (MADISON CENTRAL LIBRARY)
– Review of mission
– Discussion of connection to Healthy Retail program
– Next Steps
4:30 PM URBAN DESIGN COMMISSION ROOM 260 MMB
– 615 Forward Drive – Construction of a New Television Studio and Support Facilities, Site Improvements to Employee and Visitor Parking
– 802, 854 East Washington Avenue (800 North Block) – Mixed-Use Development with Commercial (Including a Grocery Store), Office and Residential Components
5:00 PM EDUCATION COMMITTEE ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Discussion: Reaction to Superintendent Cheatham’s Presentation, Next Steps
– Discussion: Future Agenda Items/Issues the Committee Would Like to Take on
5:30 PM NOTICE OF POSSIBLE QUORUM ALL CITY COMMITTEES – COMMITTEE MEMBER TRAINING ROOM GR-27 CCB
– The Mayor’s Office has invited all committee members to attend a training session offered by the City Attorney’s Office on Open Meetings and Public Records Regulations on Wednesday, November 4th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at the City County Building Police Community Room (GR-27), 211 South Carroll Street.
Please note that a possible quorum exists of members of any City committee at this event.
6:30 PM MADISON AREA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING BOARD 119 E OLIN AVE, ROOM A-B
– Resolution TPB No. 110 Approving Amendment to the 2015 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) and Budget
– Resolution TPB No. 111 Approving the Unified Planning Work Program and the 2016-2018 Overall Program Design Report
– Resolution TPB No. 112 Authorizing the City of Madison to Enter Into an Agreement with Dane County for the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board to Provide Specialized Transportation Coordination Services to Dane County in 2016
– Resolution TPB No. 113 Authorizing the City of Madison to Enter Into an Agreement with the Capital Area Regional Planning Commission (CARPC) for the Madison Area TPB to Provide Transportation Planning Work Activities to CARPC in 2016
– Review of the Draft the Regional Intelligent Transportation Systems Strategic Plan
– Presentation on Draft Growth Forecasts for the Regional Transportation Plan 2050
– Update on the Regional Public Values Research and Survey
Thursday, November 5, 2015
4:30 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY ROOM 260 MMB
– Lots of updates and reports and minor contract or lease issues.
4:30 PM MADISON LOCAL FOOD COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM 300 MMB
5:00 PM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT COMMITTEE 330 W MIFFLIN ST, ROOMS 1 & 2 (MADISON SENIOR CENTER)
– Coordinated Entry System presentation by Community Action Coalition
– Authorizing an allocation of up to $600,000 in Housing Development Reserve Funds to assist Housing Initiatives, Inc. to acquire and rehabilitate two properties at 310 E. Mifflin & 103 N. Butler Streets for a total of fourteen (14) units of affordable rental housing for low-income people.
– Authorizing the allocation of Affordable Housing Funds to support the creation of approximately 160 units of affordable rental housing in Madison, Wisconsin.
5:00 PM DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE 201 W. MIFFLIN ST., ROOM 301 (MADISON CENTRAL LIBRARY)
– Digital Divide Pilot Project Update – ResTech Services
– – Citizen Training in Pilot Areas
– – DANEnet Technology Education Proposal
– Citizen Devices in Pilot Areas
– Authorizing amendments to the Wisconsin Independent Network (WIN) Facilities Use contract to allow for the installation of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) on City-owned streetlight poles.
– 38620 Mayor’s Directive on a Citywide Fiber Network – Update on Status of Consultant for Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) Study
5:00 PM MADISON PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD 201 W MIFFLIN St, ROOM 104 (MADISON CENTRAL LIBRARY)
– Reports, reports, reports
– APPROVAL OF 2016 MPL CLOSED DAYS AND SUNDAY HOURS
– APPROVAL OF CATERING PERMIT FORM
5:00 PM PUBLIC SAFETY REVIEW COMMITTEE 211 S CARROLL ST, COMMUNITY ROOM
– Accepting the report and recommendations from the Community Policing and Body Camera Ad Hoc Committee.
– Designated Park Areas
5:00 PM ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS (Cancelled) ROOM LL-130 MMB
5:30 PM BOARD OF HEALTH FOR MADISON AND DANE COUNTY (Cancelled) MADISON WATER UTILITY