By Brenda Konkel — DANE COUNTY: 15 meetings, 5 before 4:00, 5 at 5:30 or later.
12:00 PM Executive Committee – Redistricting Subcommittee City-County Building room 354
– DISCUSSION FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE ACTION ON CRITERIA FOR MAPPING
– 2011 REDISTRICTING SUBCOMMITTEE MINUTES PACKET
– 2000-2001 RES 244–REGARDING REAPPORTIONMENT AND REDISTRICTING OF COUNTY BOARD SUPERVISORY DISTRICTS
– REDISTRICTING SUMMARY FOR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 7-14
12:00 PM Youth Commission – Youth Leadership Committee CCB 321
– Set parameters for YC discussion on whether/how to play a role when significant community events occur
8:30 AM Public Safety Communications Radio Protocol Committee Middleton Police Department, 7341 Donna Drive, Middleton, WI
– No agenda
3:45 PM Tree Board 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison WI 53718
– EAB Discussion
– Web Site Review
4:00 PM Public Protection & Judiciary – Length of Stay Workgroup Room 354 of the City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
– Final Recommendations
5:00 PM Public Works & Transportation Committee HENRY VILAS ZOO @ 606 S RANDALL AVE., MADISON WI 53715. Meet at the Glacier Grill (See attached map) at 5:00 to get tour of the zoo. http://vilaszoo.org/map
– Increase Funding for CTH V V Project
– No link or description- 2015 RES-162
– AMENDMENT TO TEMPORARY LIMITED EASEMENT AGREEMENT TO CITY OF MADISON FOR LAKEVIEW WATER TOWER
– Discuss Mowing along County roads
5:15 PM Public Protection & Judiciary Committee Room 357 of the City-County Building 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
– AMENDING CHAPTER 34 OF THE DANE COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, TO INCLUDE ELECTRONIC DELIVERY DEVICES WITHIN THE PROHIBITION OF SMOKING IN CERTAIN PLACES
– 4 claims in closed session
5:45 PM Health & Human Needs Committee CCB 351
– ACCEPTING REVENUE FROM THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES (DHS) AUTHORIZING PROJECT POSITIONS INCREASE AND SERVICES FOR COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY SERVICES (CCS) DCDHS -CYF DIVISION
– Review & Discuss Baker Tilly Recommendation about Fully Funding Core Services
– Day Resource Center Update
5:45 PM Environment, Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee Lussier Family Heritage Center, 3101 Lake Farm Madison 53711 3101 Lake Farm Rd Madison WI 53711
– Clean Lakes Alliance Annual Accomplishments
– Indian Lake Restoration Update
– Door Creek Watershed Management Action Plan
– 2015 Adaptive Management Update
4:00 PM Commission on Economic & Workforce Development CCB, Room 421 Conference Room
– Discussion and action on pilot program work plan to identify alternative means of transportation to connect job seekers with large employers in the region with the goal of decreasing unemployment in the targeted area.
5:00 PM Cultural Affairs Commission CANCELLED Room 421 CCB
5:30 PM Airport Commission Robert B. Skuldt Conference Room at the Airport
– Proposed 2016 Airport Budget
5:30 PM Long Term Support Committee 210 MARTIN LUTHER KING BLVD MADISON WI 53703, ROOM 321
– MA Comprehensive Community Services (CCS)
– Program Updates
9:00 AM Youth Commission – Youth Assessment Steering Subcommittee United Way, 2059 Atwood Ave, Madison Goodman Room
– Review and approve 2015 Executive Summary Report (Koenig)
– Review and approve MS & HS Data Table Reports
5:30 PM Lakes & Watershed Commission City-County Building Room 354 210 Martin Luther King Blvd Madison WI 53703
– Adoption of 2016 Water-related Budget Recommendations
– – Presentation by Executive Committee
– – Public Hearing (5:45 p.m.)
– – Deliberation and Action
CITY OF MADISON
Or so they say, expect many additions. 17 meetings, 2 cancelled, only 2 at 5:30 or after.
Monday, August 17, 2015
4:30 PM COMMITTEE ON THE ENVIRONMENT ROOM 108 CCB
– WATER SOFTENER EFFICIENCY (SALT DISCHARGE TO THE ENVIRONMENT)
4:30 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
– Directing the City Engineer to establish a Public/Private Voluntary Benchmarking Program.
– Accepting the Greening America ’s Capitals: Brittingham – Triangle Green Project Report and authorizing staff to further study the concepts and actions contained in the Report during future planning and infrastructure activities within the project area
– Presentation on Schematic Design for the Madison Municipal Building and the Sustainability Elements of the design.
4:45 PM LANDMARKS COMMISSION ROOM LL-110 MMB
– 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard – Designated Madison Landmark – Review of the proposed land division of the property and the demolition of the loading dock addition (annex) to the U.S. Post Office and Federal Courthouse (Madison Municipal Building) which will also require the exterior alteration of the historic building. 16th Ald. Dist. Contact: Bryan Cooper, City Engineering
– 101 King Street – Transforming the Former Isthmus Building into a Bar/Restaurant – Adjacent to a historic landmark: King street Arcade.
– Landmarks Commission policy document development
5:15 PM ADA TRANSIT SUBCOMMITTEE TO THE TRANSIT AND PARKING COMMISSION ROOM LL-130 MMB
– Accessible Taxi Discussion – Referral from Transit & Parking Commission
a. City Attorney’s Legal Analysis Accessible Taxi Program – Report
b. Union Cab Letter – Recommendations to TPC
– Paratransit Fare Media Sales – Update
– Leave Attended – Paratransit Services Issues
a. Sample Policies from Other ADA Paratransit Systems
– Paratransit Appeals Board
a. What is the PAB, Purpose, and Who Serves on It
b. Recent Activity
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
12:15 PM BUILDING CODE, FIRE CODE, CONVEYANCE CODE AND LICENSING APPEALS BOARD (Cancelled) ROOM LL-110 MMB
5:00 PM PARKING COUNCIL FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ROOM 108 CCB
– Report on various things
– Discuss issue of snow being piled in Disabled stalls.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
8:30 AM BOARD OF ASSESSORS – SCHEDULE 12 ROOM 101 CCB
10:00 AM STREET USE STAFF COMMISSION (Cancelled) ROOM 108 CCB
12:00 PM TIF REVIEW BOARD ROOM LL-120 MMB
– RESOLUTION APPROVING THE USE OF THE “1/2 MILE RULE” FOR TID #45 (CAPITOL SQUARE WEST)
– RESOLUTION APPROVING THE CREATION OF THE PROJECT PLAN AND BOUNDARY FOR TID #46 (RESEARCH PARK)
4:30 PM BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS ROOM 108 CCB
– Creating Section 39.08 and Section 33.07(7)(k)14. of the Madison General Ordinances to create a policy requiring certain city contractors to “Ban the Box” by eliminating questions about criminal and arrest record in their hiring practices, when contracting with the City, creating Sec. 33.07(7)(k)14. to make Ban the Box a prequalification requirement, and amending Sec. 39.07(3)(c)10. to exempt credit rating agencies from the Equal Benefits ordinance.
– $70,000 in change orders
– 2014 City of Madison, Annual Report, Board of Public Works (no link)
5:00 PM ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE ROOM 260 MMB
– Resolution Establishing the City of Madison Certification Program
– Amending Sections 9.13(5)(c) and 9.13(6)(h)3.a.iv. of the Madison General Ordinances to create a per-square-foot license fee for all sidewalk cafés and increasing the license fees for Mall/Concourse sidewalk cafes in the State Street Mall/Capitol Concourse Vending Area.
– Madison’s Future on Madison’s Future
– Fiscal Impact Analysis Tool and Urban Footprint Tool Presentation
5:30 PM ALCOHOL LICENSE REVIEW COMMITTEE ROOM 201 CCB
– Wiskey Jack Saloon
– Red Rock Saloon
– Kollege Klub
– State St. Brats
– Alpine Liquors
– Summary of discussion with Mayor Soglin on Alcohol License Review Committee (ALRC) membership, State Street Commercial Property initiatives and ALRC operations. (noo link)
– Discussion of Alcohol License Review Committee (ALRC) membership with ALRC members.
– Discussion of potential Alcohol License Review Committee outreach efforts to neighborhood associations.
– Discussion of City Clerk data on license conditions, capacity and outside seating.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
11:00 AM MADISON METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT ADAPTIVE MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE 1610 MOORLAND RD, COMMISSION MEETING ROOM
– Adaptive management plan development
– Review and discussion on draft Intergovernmental Agreement for adaptive management
– Discussion with Dane County on determining performance metrics and accountability measures for adaptive management
4:00 PM MONONA TERRACE COMMUNITY AND CONVENTION CENTER BOARD 1 JOHN NOLEN DR, MEETING ROOMS NR
– Reports and updates
4:30 PM LANDLORD AND TENANT ISSUES COMMITTEE (Cancelled) ROOM LL-110 MMB
5:00 PM SUSTAINABLE MADISON TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ROOM 300 MMB
– UPDATE ON PLANNING FOR STREET TYPOLOGY/POTENTIAL URBAN STREET CROSS-SECTIONS
– PUBLIC TRANSIT SYSTEM CIRCULATOR, FEEDER AND SHUTTLE OPTIONS
– PARK AND RIDE SYSTEM PLANNING: ISSUES AND OPPORTUNITIES
5:30 PM DOWNTOWN COORDINATING COMMITTEE – AMENDED ROOM 108 CCB
– Philosophers Grove
– Discussion with Police about Behavior Issues
– Update on BID Programming Activities
– Update on Physical space changes: Philosophers’ Stones, bus shelter
– Creating Section 23.60, renumbering current Section 23.60 to Section 23.70, and amending Section 1.08(3)(a) of the Madison General Ordinances to impose a time limit on use of public benches, to prohibit sitting or lying or lodging in the public sidewalks and rights of way and specified other public places, during specified hours in the Central Business District, and establish a bail deposit schedule for violations thereof, to be known as the Downtown Pedestrian Protection Ordinance.
Watch Brenda’s blog, Forward Lookout, for updates.