By Brenda Konkel — Hmmm . . . I don’t know how we are supposed to know this, but the Sun Prairie Star says Joe Parisi is holding budget hearings:
September 1 — 5:30–7 p.m., Fitchburg Public Library, 5530 Lacy Rd., Fitchburg.
September 2 — 5:30–7 p.m., Westside Community Service Building, 2598 W. Main St, Sun Prairie.
It’s certainly not on his website – last budget info on there is from 2013. Even the county board supervisors I talked to didn’t know about it!
Here’s the rest of the county meetings.
12:00 PM Executive Committee – Redistricting Subcommittee City-County Bldg. room 354
– PRESENTATION BY SUN PRAIRIE CITY CLERK DIANE HERMANN-BROWN ON HOW THE DANE COUNTY REDISTRICTING PROCESS INTERACTS WITH LOCAL REDISTRICTING PROCESSES
– DISCUSSION FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE ACTION ON PROCESS FOR:
a. Public engagement
b. Creation of mapping
c. Process for approval of new maps
2:30 PM Area Agency on Aging – Access Committee AAA/ADRC 2865 N. Sherman Ave., Rm. 109 Madison, WI 53704
3:45 PM Area Agency on Aging Board AAA/ADRC 2865 N. Sherman Ave., Rm. 109 Madison, WI 53704
5:00 PM Cultural Affairs Commission Rm 421, CCB
– new member orientation, commission badgers, DAMA T-shirts, site visits 2016
5:00 PM Public Protection & Judiciary – Mental Health, Solitary Confinement and Incarceration Workgroup CCB – DOA Conf Rm 425
– Discussion and Action on Final Recommendations (just wish I could tell you what they are!)
5:30 PM Personnel & Finance Committee City-County Building Room 357
– Its a do-over, there was no quorum for their last meeting
– ADDRESSING THE NEEDS OF THE HOMELESS (conveniently going on when they at the same time they are kicking everyone out of the CCB)
– Still not much else on their agenda, I think its all routine (?!)
5:45 PM City-County Liaison Committee Room 351 City County Building
– City and County Outreach to the Homeless at CCB
– CITY-COUNTY BUILDING POLICIES AND OPERATING RULES APRIL 20, 2015
– – Motions:
1A. Amend CCB Operating Rule 6.6, to read, “Loitering is prohibited. Loitering includes being inside the building or on the building grounds after hours without any apparent official City/County business.”
1B. Direct Dane County Facilities Management to place no tresspassing notices (required by Operating Rule 2.2) so they can be seen on the outside of the building.
5:45 PM Land Conservation Committee 5201 Fen Oak Drive – Room 221 Madison, WI 53718
– Routine items, I think . . ..
6:00 PM Public Works & Transportation Transit Subcommittee Verona Candlewood Suites meeting room, 5421 Caddis Bend Fitchburg WI
– LISTENING SESSION
– no meetings
5:30 PM Board of Health Madison & Dane County – Administrative Hearings Committee Madison Water Utility, 119 E. Olin Avenue Conference Room A and B
– HEARING ON DANGEROUS ANIMAL DETERMINATION APPEAL – County of Dane v. Mary K. McCanna, Owner of “Sugar”
5:15 PM Executive Committee City-County Bldg room 201
– STUDY AND DESIGN OF A CRISIS INTERVENTION TEAM PROGRAM DCDHS – ACS DIVISION
– PRESENTATION OF THE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE RACIAL EQUITY ANALYSIS OF DANE COUNTY GOVERNMENT BY CENTER FOR SOCIAL INCLUSION AND THE GOVERNMENT ALLIANCE ON RACE AND EQUITY
5:30 PM Human Services Board City County Building 210 MLK Jr. Blvd. Madiosn, WI Room 354
5:30 PM Youth Commission CCB 357
– Committee memberships—Youth Leadership & DCYA Steering
– Discussion: What role should the YC play in current events impacting the community?
5:30 PM Lakes & Watershed Commission – Executive Committee City-County Building Room 351 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Madison, WI 53703
– Status of 2016 Budget Recommendations
7:00 PM County Board City-County Building, Room 201
– AMENDING CHAPTER 82 OF THE DANE COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, INCORPORATING THE TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD COMPREHENSIVE PLAN INTO THE DANE COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
– AMENDING CHAPTER 31 OF THE DANE COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES TO COMPLY WITH 2011 ACT 108 RELATING TO LANDLORD/TENANT RELATIONS
– ADDRESSING THE NEEDS OF THE HOMELESS
Look for updates on Brenda's blog, Forward Lookout!