Progressive Dane has endorsed both challengers for the District 1 Dane County Board seat — the primary is Tuesday, February 16. Here are the challengers.
If you’re not sure whether you live in District 1, here’s a map:
You can see it in better detail here:
I’m running for the District 1 seat of the Dane County Board, which includes most of Madison’s downtown around Capitol Square.
I’m here to fight for the under-served ... the elderly, the poor, the homeless, the mentally ill, the LGBTQ community, and all those in the silent majority that face the greatest challenges living in the shadows of our state capitol.
This is my first time running for office, but I’m not new to local politics. I’ve been active in the Dane County Democratic Party for nearly 20 years. I’m a member of Progressive Dane and have received its endorsement for this election. I’ve also been endorsed by Al Matano, Dane County Board District 11.
I serve on the executive committee of the Capitol Neighborhood Association and I’m a member of the City of Madison Equal Opportunities Commission. I’m a proud fifth generation Dane County citizen and have lived in my district for nearly 10 years.
I’ve spoken out many times for the rights of the under-represented in our community, but I know I can do more as a Dane County Board member.
Please vote for me in the primary election on Feb. 16 and the general election on April 5 ... because it’s the right thing to do. Let’s make Dane County a great place to live again!
As Supervisor of District 1, I would support:
• Living wage & health insurance for cty employees
• Rights of cty employees to join unions
• Adequate funding of cty human service agencies
• More transitional housing for the homeless
• Better dental care for those on Medicaid
• Affordable, available & accessible public transit
• Affordable housing for low-income residents
Friends of Adam Brabender
333 W. Dayton St., Apt. 211
Madison, WI 53703
To donate to my campaign:
Go to www.gofundme.com
Search for Friends of Adam Brabender
ROB “Dz” FRANKLIN
A Voice for the People
Who is Rob DZ?
• An award-winning Hip-Hop artist and activist
• A public sector Union worker
• Someone with over a decade of community-based nonprofit achievements
What are his plans for Dane County?
• Establishing a $15 county living wage
• Finding a compassionate solution for dealing with downtown homelessness
• Addressing racial disparities with a countywide cultural inclusion plan