Progressive Dane meets monthly at General Membership Meetings. These meetings usually are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month, from 6:00p.m.-7:50p.m., at the Hawthorne Branch Library, 2707 E Washington Ave Madison, WI 53704, until such time that the Downtown Library as been remodeled.
The General Membership Meeting is the highest decision-making body of Progressive Dane. Meetings are open to the public. However, only Progressive Dane members can vote.
What takes place at meetings:
- The membership votes on endorsements, positions on issues, major organizational decisions
- Report from a Progressive Dane-endorsed elected official
- An "Educational," which is a 20-30 minute presentation and discussion on a political topic
How to get an item on the Progressive Dane General Membership Meeting agenda:
- A member brings an issue with a recommendation to the Steering Committee.
- The Steering Committee determines whether or not a response from Progressive Dane is appropriate and makes a recommendation to the general membership. The decision of whether or not to pursue a particular issue depends on both politics and resources.
- For last-minute items (these are highly discouraged) or announcements, contact the Steering Committee co-chairs or the chair of the upcoming meeting. A different Steering Committee member chairs each month, and the chair of each month's meeting is noted in that month's newsletter.
In addition to the General Membership Meeting, the many Progressive Dane committees meet regularly throughout the month. Go to the Committees pages on this site to find out who to call for information about committee meetings or click on the full calendar to see when they meet next.